Do you love developing cloud solutions with customers?
Do you have a management consulting background with strong written and verbal communication skills?
Do you take pride in your presentation, polish, and attention to detail?
Then we have the role for you!
Come be a part of the team supporting a Cabinet-level Department Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). Your role is critical in understanding business requirements and implementing solutions for existing and future cloud projects at the Department. We are an established consulting firm with a newly awarded $100M prime contract – so there is plenty of (stable!) growth opportunity for you.
We have a highly functional group of independent-minded, entrepreneurial consultants who have built a reputation as a trusted Information Technology (IT) partner. We are looking for people who have a growth mindset and who are ready to bring new ideas and thinking to our clients’ objectives. Still you? Read on…
Join a boutique consulting firm supporting a large-scale Cabinet-level Department contract where you will be a key resource supporting the existing enterprise cloud program. You will be part of the team supporting the Department’s multibillion-dollar enterprise cloud acquisition. You will leverage your cloud and management consulting experience to support the cloud acquisition team and key clients who are driving the future of cloud services across the Department. You will have the opportunity for significant client interaction as a trusted advisor, learning the cloud customers’ business better than they know it themselves. Ideal candidates will have experience gathering requirements and developing use cases for cloud infrastructure, platform, and software services, and have experience driving requirements across large, federated organizations.
This position will require on-site work in Washington, D.C., with telework options available. During the current Covid-19 period, all our team members are supporting our clients in a 100% telework state.
What You Will Get to Do:
- Support the development of acquisition artifacts (e.g., acquisition plan, statement of work, justification).
- Develop and monitor schedules and timelines to identify and meet project milestones associated with the acquisition.
- Work with the client (Associate Director for Cloud Services), Cloud Architects, Program Analysts, Financial Analysts, and the integrated cloud services team to define and design the appropriate cloud strategies and solutions for customers.
- Provide communication and business operations support within the program for various stakeholders, including preparing executive presentations.
- Develop reports to brief various stakeholders (e.g., customers, OCIO executives).
- You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technology-related discipline.
- Five (5) years’ experience supporting clients with technical solutions.
- Three to five (3-5) years’ experience in technology consulting roles.
- Experience capturing requirements for cloud solutions for customers using the leading CSPs (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Strong analytical ability and data-driven mindset with the ability to organize and build complex Excel spreadsheets dealing with any kind of data related to the cloud (e.g., customer, technical, financial, procurement).
- Strong hypothesis-driven approach and thinking.
- Ability to communicate issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and handle several concurrent projects.
- Ability to rapidly acquire new knowledge and skills in IT.
- Ability to work in complex work situations with varying degrees of ambiguity and change.
- AWS, Azure, GCP, or similar cloud certification or experience.
- Agile certification or experience.
- Project management experience, preferably with both traditional (i.e., predictive, waterfall) and agile methodologies to understand the differences to customize requirements development approaches for customers.
- Understanding of the Federal Government budget process.
- Experience developing acquisition packages for IT solutions in Federal Government agencies.
- Experience facilitating Interagency Agreement (IAA) process for new work requested by customers or servicing agencies.
- Direct Federal Government experience.
What We Can Offer You
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at email@example.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Perform requirements gathering and development of use cases with customers.Perform detailed analyses, including gap analyses, process mappings, root-cause analyses, and risk analyses to support the acquisition.Document, assess, and recommend requirements and use cases for the acquisition.