Do you love working with clients to develop cloud solutions?
Do you have a Management Consulting background with strong written and verbal communication skills?
Do you take pride in your presentation, polish and attention to detail?
Then we’ve got the role for you!
Come be a part of the team supporting a Cabinet-level Department – Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). Your role is critical in understanding business requirements and implementing solutions for existing and future cloud projects at the Department. We are an established consulting firm with a newly awarded $100M prime contract – so there is plenty of (stable!) growth opportunity for you.
We have a highly functional group of independent-minded, entrepreneurial consultants who have built a reputation as a trusted Information Technology (IT) partner. We’re looking for people who have a growth mindset and who are ready to bring new ideas and thinking to our clients’ objectives. Still you? Read on…
Join a boutique consulting firm supporting a large-scale Cabinet-level Department contract where you will be a key resource supporting the existing enterprise cloud program. Your role is critical to the enterprise cloud program. You will leverage your cloud and management consulting experience to support the cloud program and key clients who are driving adoption of the cloud across Treasury. You will have the opportunity for significant client interaction as a trusted advisor, learning the cloud customers’ business better than they know it themselves. Ideal candidates will have experience providing cloud infrastructure support, as well as developing sequenced migration plans for infrastructure, services, and data.
This position will require on-site work in Washington, D.C. with telework options available.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Facilitating client understanding of cloud solution business context, processes, practices, and requirements.
- Performing requirements gathering and development of user stories.
- Performing detailed analyses, including gap analysis, process mapping, root-cause analysis, and risk analysis.
- Support systems performance and capabilities benchmarking.
- Working with the client (Associate Director for Cloud), Cloud Architects, Program Analysts, Financial Analysts, and the integrated cloud program team to define and design appropriate cloud strategies and solutions.
- Supporting the development of performance monitoring processes and metrics, including key performance indicators.
- Providing communication and business operations support within the program for various stakeholders, including preparing proposals and presentations.
- Track various IT performance and governance requirements and timelines issued by external stakeholders such as OMB, GAO, OIG, Congress, etc.
- Develop reports as necessary to brief various stakeholders (e.g., customers, OCIO executives)
- Develop and monitor schedules and timelines to identify and meet project milestones
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree, preferably in a computer- or technology-related discipline.
- Five (5) years’ experience with demonstrated success supporting clients with technical solutions.
- Three to five (3-5) years’ experience in technology consulting roles.
- Experience defining cloud solutions for customers from a business perspective, specifically in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) or similar methodologies.
- Ability to communicate issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner.
- Ability to multi-task and handle several concurrent projects.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical ability and data-driven mindset with ability to organize and build complex Excel sheets dealing with any kind of data related to cloud (e.g., customer, technical, financial, procurement).
- Strong hypothesis-driven approach and thinking.
- Ability to rapidly acquire new knowledge and skills in IT.
- Ability to work in complex work situations with varying degrees of ambiguity and change.
- AWS, Azure, or similar cloud certification or experience.
- Agile certification or experience.
- Project management experience, preferably with both traditional (predictive, waterfall) and agile methodologies in order to understand the differences to customize development approaches for customers.
- Experience developing acquisition packages for IT solutions in Federal Government agencies.
- Understanding of Federal Government budget process and Procurement Request Information System Management (PRISM).
- Financial management support to review and track program budgets, funding requests, and requisitions.
- Experience facilitating Interagency Agreements (IAA) process for new work requested by customers or servicing agencies.
- Ability to track various procurement and financial metrics (collections, obligations, expenses, etc.)
- Direct or indirect Federal Government experience.
What We Can Offer You:
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.