Do you love developing cloud solutions with customers?
Do you have a management consulting background with strong communications and analytical skills?
Do you take pride in your presentation, polish, and attention to detail?
Then we have the role for you!
Come be a part of the transformation and modernization of IT systems at a cabinet-level agency in the Federal Government. We are an established consulting firm with a $100M prime contract – so there are plenty of (stable!) growth opportunities for you.
We are a highly functional team of independent-minded, entrepreneurial consultants who have built our reputation as a trusted IT partner. We are looking for people who have a growth mindset and who are ready to bring new ideas and thinking to our client’s objectives. Still you? Read on…
Join a boutique consulting firm working on a large-scale contract where you will be a key resource supporting the strategy and development of a new enterprise approach to cloud service offerings and management. You will leverage your cloud and management consulting experience to support the program development team and key clients who are driving the future of cloud services across the Department. You will have the opportunity for significant client interaction as a trusted advisor and to craft a future enterprise cloud business model. Ideal candidates will have experience performing IT infrastructure or application assessments; gathering requirements and developing use cases for cloud infrastructure, platform, and software services; and have experience translating requirements into financial estimates across large, federated organizations.
This position can be performed 100% remotely. In addition, during the Covid-19 period, our team members are supporting the clients in a 100% telework state.
What You Will Get to Do:
- Perform requirements gathering and development of use cases with customers.
- Perform detailed analyses including gap analyses and process mappings.
- Documents, assess, and estimate cloud costs of use cases.
- Support the development of acquisition artifacts (e.g., acquisition plan, statement of work, justification, independent government cost estimate, price workbook).
- Work with the client (Associate Director for Cloud Services), Cloud Architects, Program Analysts, Financial Analysts, and the integrated cloud services team to define and design cloud business strategies and solutions for customers.
- Provide communication and business operations support within the program for various stakeholders, including preparing executive presentations.
- Develop reports to brief various stakeholders (e.g., customers, OCIO executives).
- Analyze future cloud use cases to estimate service utilization.
- Assist in developing price comparison criteria for future cloud service offerings..
- Citizenship: U.S. citizen (required). We are not able to sponsor anyone nor accept green card holders. Must be clearable
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technology or business-related discipline.
- Five (5) years of experience supporting clients or customers with IT solutions.
- Three to five (3-5) years experience in technology consulting roles.
- Experience analyzing cloud requirements from a business and financial perspective for the leading CSPs (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Strong analytical ability and data-driven mindset with the ability to organize and build complex Excel spreadsheets dealing with established cloud use cases, inventory, and contract data.
- Ability to communicate issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and handle several concurrent projects.
- Ability to rapidly acquire new knowledge and skills in IT.
- Ability to work in complex work situations with varying degrees of ambiguity and change.
- AWS, Azure, GCP, or similar cloud certification or experience.
- Direct Federal Government experience.
- Understanding of Federal Government budget formulation methodologies.
- Experience developing acquisition packages for IT solutions in Federal Government agencies.
What We Can Offer You
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at email@example.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.