Do you have experience engineering cloud solutions in AWS?
Do you enjoy working with customers to understand their needs?
Do you know the latest AWS products and services available?
Hill Associates Corporation (Hill) is seeking a Cloud Engineer – AWS to join our team supporting the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) in a large Washington, D.C. Cabinet-level Federal agency.
As a Cloud Engineer – AWS, you will provide support to the team working in AWS to develop cloud solutions for customers. You will assist customer intake discussions and validate technical solutions based on best practices architectures in AWS.
Come be a part of the transformation and modernization of IT systems at a cabinet-level agency. We are an established boutique consulting firm with a newly awarded $100M prime contract – so there is plenty of (stable!) growth opportunity for you.
We’re a highly functional team of independent-minded, entrepreneurial consultants who have built our reputation as a trusted IT partner. We’re looking for people who have a growth mindset and who are ready to bring new ideas and thinking to our clients’ objectives. Still you? Read on…
Interface requirements include, but are not limited to customer liaisons, business operations staff, technical staff, vendors, Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs), and client leadership (CXOs). The position will focus on developing technical solutions using AWS products and services at the IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS levels depending on customer demand.
The client organization’s vision is a hybrid cloud that seamlessly integrates with on premises data centers. The organization has an MPLS-based WAN backbone with TIC security infrastructure that will connect securely to Cloud Service Providers (CSP). As such this role will require deep network engineering expertise as well as a deep understanding of cloud computing technology and infrastructure, and experience designing and migrating applications to the cloud, with the ability to lead change and drive adoption throughout the organization. The Cloud Engineer – AWS will have experience in a consultant role and be able to build relationships with customers and team members. You will have experience building, deploying, managing, and monitoring services with AWS. You will also need to integrate tools and services for all areas of cloud computing, such as data and networks.
This position requires on-site work at a customer location in Washington, D.C. with minimal travel outside the metropolitan area. Telework in accordance with client schedules is also possible.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Cloud Engineer – AWS will have direct responsibility for developing cloud solutions. Below are the initial areas of focus:
Cloud Architecture and Application Design for Customer Intake
The Cloud Engineer – AWS will develop detailed architectures and application designs based on the cloud platform chosen. These will detail the application interfaces, data flows, user interfaces and user experiences necessary to provide a solution that meets customer expectations.
Cloud Migration, Management, and Monitoring
The Cloud Engineer – AWS will develop migration plans for the cloud solution, as well as operations and maintenance plans to proactively manage and monitor the cloud solution once deployed. You will work closely with I&O, application, cybersecurity, and other relevant stakeholders to develop comprehensive plans to deploy cloud solutions for business and technical customers.
The Cloud Engineer – AWS will have access to the AWS console and develop technical solutions using AWS compute, storage, database, networking, management tools, security and identity, and application services. In addition you will integrate 3rd party cloud tools into AWS where necessary to support customer requirements and the foundational infrastructure for customers.
Ad Hoc Reporting – The position will respond to client requests, such as Issues and Action items, weekly activity reporting, and other stakeholder reporting. Other activities include the development of cloud documentation and cross training of stakeholders.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Deep experience with WAN and networking technologies, including secure connectivity to CSPs.
- Demonstrated experience with virtualization, network infrastructures, virtual storage, software-defined networks, physical data storage and disaster recovery technologies.
- Deep understanding of network, data, identity, and services in the cloud, and how they all integrate.
- Direct experience working in the AWS management console to build and deploy cloud services.
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as Java, Node.js, PHP, Python, or Ruby on Rails.
- AWS technical certification (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate)
- Demonstrated success in driving cloud adoption with customers.
- Experience with various SDLC methodologies (e.g., waterfall, agile).
- Demonstrated analytical, research, and quantitative abilities.
- Critical and creative thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in complex situations with varying degrees of ambiguity and change.
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio, with demonstrated use of these tools to model technical architectures and processes.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or relevant field of study.
- Experience deploying AT&T NetBond connectivity or other telecommunications carrier secure connectivity to CSPs
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification
- Good understanding of IT service management or IT operations management like ITIL-based processes and practices: change management, configuration management, incident management, asset deployment, and problem resolution.
- Demonstrated experience managing vendors and dealing with integration, procurement, vendor management, and finance.
- Experience managing and ensuring service-level agreements.
- Direct or indirect Federal Government experience
- MBI Security Clearance or ability to obtain a higher level clearance
- Familiarity with Federal Government procurement processes and practices
- Familiarity with Federal Government Program Management Offices
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at email@example.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
What We Can Offer You:
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.