Are you an accomplished Security Architect or Engineer with real-world experience in applying security solutions, especially security for cloud-based systems, in a U.S. Government (USG) environment? Are you looking to take that next step up in your career and become a key member of a team supporting a large Federal Government enterprise IT program? Then we want to hear from you! Hill Associates is searching for an experienced Security Architect specializing in security methodologies and solutions applied to cloud-based environments. We seek an energetic, talented professional who demonstrably understands security solutions as applied in the USG environment. Ideally, the candidate is able to succinctly explain recommended enterprise cloud security solutions and strategies to management. In addition, we seek a candidate who understands the interdependencies and implications of USG security solutions across an enterprise infrastructure portfolio, such as: cloud-based security, Zero Trust Architecture (ZTA), Trusted Internet Connection (TIC), Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Privileged Access Management (PAM), security operations, log capture, and data management/sharing. This position requires U.S. Citizenship. The candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a public trust suitability clearance. Remote-based work is currently supported due to COVID- 19. Physical work location is flexible with remote work options potentially available to well-qualified candidates. What You Will Get to Do:
- Act as a primary client interfacing technical/cloud specialist for a cabinet-level US Government Department.
- Leverage your expertise in cybersecurity and cloud security solutions to provide technical and engineering leadership in support of the client for security and infrastructure modernization efforts and initiatives.
- Support the Agency’s efforts to improve enterprise security, including the best options for solutions to cloud security requirements.
- Provide recommendations that ensure cloud-based systems are specified, designed, developed, implemented, integrated, and sustained to meet Agency security needs, goals, and objectives.
- Verify proposed cloud security solutions meet current USG and Agency security directives and policies.
- Apply principles, methods, and tools to assess the effectiveness and practicality of current and future cybersecurity technology and systems.
- Understand and apply cost-effective cloud solutions that protect data and information systems and ensure their confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Apply expertise to ensure designs for new or enhanced cloud security solutions and services meet client requirements.
- Support development of plans and processes to integrate or migrate on-premises services to cloud-based services to enhance enterprise cybersecurity posture.
- Support the development of standards to evaluate, verify, and validate technical and security performance characteristics of proposed cloud systems.
- Apply common cybersecurity frameworks in the USG environment for designing and governing complex cloud security systems, applications, and implementations.
- Research emerging cloud security solutions and provide analysis on their impact on existing system operations or applicability to future systems.
- BS in Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 8 – 10 years of related experience in IT security engineering.
- Extensive experience with Federal Government network environments, including enterprise-wide, business-critical, high availability systems.
- Knowledge of common cloud-based platforms and systems.
- Knowledge of cloud security methodologies, practices, and products/technologies.
- Experience in developing technical and engineering reports and documentation, from requirements and architectural designs, and diagrams, potentially including strategy, architecture, policy, roadmaps, key processes, dependencies, interoperability, technology, and governance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills for interaction with customers, project leaders, team members, and other government agencies.
- Ability to coordinate across teams and with representatives from a wide range of organizations including government, commercial, and international.
- Solid communications skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to create, discuss and explain technical solutions and documentation.
- MS in related domain (IT, Cybersecurity, Engineering) or 10 years of experience.
- Experience with security best practices in cloud platform environments, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
- Knowledge of the Zero Trust Architecture security paradigm.
- Previous experience with providing consulting services to large US Government organizations.
What We Can Offer You: Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package, including competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package. We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law. All information you provide will be kept confidential. Please contact Hill Associates at 202-656-6505 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.