Are you interested in driving cloud-based solutions for customers at the Department of the Treasury?
Love problem solving with business clients and architecting solutions with technical teams?
Do you like being on the front line of IT working with customers?
Experience working with customers across business functions and with senior IT executives and PMOs in the Federal Government?
Able to pass a Public Trust background check?
Then we’ve got the role for you!
Come be a part of the team supporting Treasury demand for new applications. We are an established consulting firm with a newly awarded $100M prime contract – so there is plenty of (stable!) growth opportunity for you.
We’re a highly functional team of independent-minded, entrepreneurial consultants who have built our reputation as a trusted IT partner. We’re looking for people who have a growth mindset that are ready to bring new ideas and thinking to our clients’ objectives. Still you? Read on…
Join a boutique consulting firm supporting a large-scale Treasury contract. You will be a key resource managing customer demand for new features and applications. Your role is critical in understanding the business requirements and underlying problems customers are trying to solve. You will determine cloud-based solutions, architectures, and designs and then work with technical implementation teams to ensure they are developing according to customer demand.
This position will require on-site work in Washington, D.C. with telework options available.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify and translate business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives
- Propose cloud solutions based on business and technology considerations, and suitable alternatives to satisfy customer needs
- Work to integrate cloud solutions with existing enterprise tools and systems
- Analyze the current customer application architecture to identify weaknesses and opportunities for improvement using cloud solutions
- Ensure compliance of solutions to architectural standards developed by the Treasury Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO)
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) on technologies and trends in cloud solutions architecture
- Perform evaluations of enterprise cloud technology standards, tools, products and solutions to identify opportunities for improvement
- Keep abreast of emerging cloud technologies and evaluate vendor offerings to determine best fit for business needs
- Produce technical documents of systems and architectures in AWS
- Produce other documentation supporting customer demand management (e.g., user stories in JIRA, requirements for RTMs, meeting notes)
- Review new intake forms and gather additional requirements on new projects regarding specific architecture, required licenses or products, security, and other technical requirements
- Answer questions from customers regarding digital portfolio, products, and technologies throughout the intake process
- Develop reports as necessary to brief various stakeholders (e.g., customers, Digital PMO, OCIO executives)
- Ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical ability and data-driven mindset
- Ability to rapidly acquire new knowledge and skills in AWS
- Ability to work in complex situations with varying degrees of ambiguity and change.
- Familiarity with service design and pricing in the context of AWS cloud-based solutions
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud products and services at the IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS levels
- Direct experience working in the AWS management console to build and deploy cloud services.
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio, with demonstrated use of these tools to model technical architectures and processes in AWS.
- Deep understanding of network, data, identity, and services in the cloud, and how they all integrate.
- Demonstrated success in driving cloud adoption.
- Experience working in Agile SDLC environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or relevant field of study.
- Experience with procurement and legal challenges and opportunities of cloud solutions.
- Knowledge of products and services offered by other hyper-scale cloud service providers (e.g., Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- One or more cloud related technical certifications (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, Microsoft Certified Professional – Azure Solutions Architect, Google Certified Professional – Cloud Architect
- Direct or indirect Federal Government experience
- Familiarity with Federal Government Program Management Offices
- MBI Security Clearance or ability to obtain a higher level clearance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, or past or present military service.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, opportunities for professional growth, and a positive work environment. Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and possess or be able to successfully obtain a Federal security clearance. Hill Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Please note that due to the expected volume of responses, only candidates being considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Application can be made electronically via our website (https://www.hillasc.com/careers/) or by submitting a paper resume to Hill Associates Attention: HR 1 Research Ct Suite 450 Rockville