Cloud Technical Writer
Are you a great Cloud Technical Writer who can distill complex IT jargon?
Do you have experience working on cloud acquisitions, products, or solutions?
Do you take pride in your presentation, polish, and attention to detail?
Then we have the role for you!
Come be a part of the team supporting a Cabinet-level Department Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). Your role is critical in developing technical and procurement documentation for future cloud solutions at the Department. We are an established consulting firm with a $100M prime contract – so there is plenty of (stable!) growth opportunity for you.
We have a highly functional group of independent-minded, entrepreneurial consultants who have built a reputation as a trusted Information Technology (IT) partner. We are looking for people who have a growth mindset and who are ready to bring new ideas and thinking to our clients’ objectives.
Still you? Read on…
Join a boutique consulting firm supporting a large-scale Cabinet-level Department contract where you will be a key resource supporting the development of the future enterprise cloud offering. You will be part of the team supporting the Department’s multibillion-dollar enterprise cloud acquisition. You will leverage your cloud and technical writing experience to support the cloud acquisition team and key clients who are driving the future of cloud services across the Department. You will have the opportunity for significant client interaction as a trusted advisor, learning the cloud customers’ business better than they know it themselves. Ideal candidates will have experience in a highly technical field such as software development, computer science, engineering, or infrastructure management across large, federated organizations. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
This position will require on-site work in Washington, D.C., with telework options available. During the current Covid-19 period, all our team members are supporting our clients in a 100% telework state.
What You Will Get to Do:
- Work with the cloud and acquisition teams to develop and develop and maintain documentation including requirements documents, acquisition plans, and performance work statements.
- Act as an editor to ensure consistency in acquisition documentation across the cloud program.
- Support the development of acquisition artifacts (e.g., acquisition plan, statement of work, justification).
- Learn complex concepts and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by stakeholders of varying technical competency.
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability.
- Work with the client (Associate Director for Cloud Services), Cloud Architects, Program Analysts, Financial Analysts, and the integrated cloud services team to develop content for the acquisition.
- Provide communication and business operations support within the program for various stakeholders, including preparing executive presentations.
- Develop reports to brief stakeholders (e.g., customers, OCIO executives).
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technology-related discipline.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience.
- Understanding of Federal Government acquisition and procurement processes.
- Experience developing acquisition packages for IT solutions in Federal Government agencies.
- Cloud solutions experience, preferably with IaaS and PaaS.
- Strong written and verbal communications and experience working with content in multiple mediums.
- Experience defining and leading an end-to-end documentation management process.
Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
A positive attitude, willing to jump in and tackle new challenges.
- Experience working with the following tools: MS Tool Suite, SharePoint, Adobe Illustrator/photoshop.
- Experience creating infographics such as diagrams, screenshots, workflows, graphs, etc.
- Ability to communicate issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner.
- Ability to multi-task and handle several concurrent projects.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- AWS, Azure, GCP, or similar cloud certification or experience.
- Familiarity with Confluence, IRA, and other Atlassian products.
- Agile certification or experience.
- Ability to rapidly acquire new knowledge and skills in IT.
- Ability to work in complex work situations with varying degrees of ambiguity and change.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
What We Can Offer You
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.