Are you interested in defining the future of cyber security operations at the Department of the Treasury?
Like problem solving with clients and architecting solutions with cyber and technical teams?
Do you have an active Secret clearance?
Then we’ve got the role for you!
Come be a part of the team supporting a Cabinet-level Department’s cyber strategy and operations within the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). We are an established consulting firm with a newly awarded $100M prime contract – so there is plenty of (stable!) growth opportunity for you.
We’re a highly functional team of independent-minded, entrepreneurial consultants who have built our reputation as a trusted Information Technology (IT) partner. We’re looking for people who have a growth mindset and who are ready to bring new ideas and thinking to our clients’ objectives. Still you? Read on…
Join a boutique consulting firm supporting a large-scale Cabinet-level Department contract where you will be a key resource helping to define the future strategic approach of the Department’s Security Operations Center (SOC). Your role is critical in understanding the business requirements, underlying problems the SOC is trying to solve, and the 3 – 5-year strategic roadmap. You will leverage your management consulting skills to baseline the existing environment and operations, determine future state options, identify gaps, and make recommendations for improvement. You will develop a vision and strategy to achieve the future state for cyber operations maturation and threat monitoring, detection, and response.
The vision and strategy must:
· Detail the agency’s approach to enhancing the maturity of enterprise-wide cybersecurity operations, whether through SOC consolidation and process improvement, migration to a service provider, or a combination of the two;
· Articulate a timeline of immediately executable actions, such as defining and coordinating a governance structure, identifying resource requirements, or conducting any relevant planning activities;
· Outline actions that are dependent on current and future funding and cannot be taken immediately, including a proposed timeline for their implementation;
· Summarize activities and milestones related to sustaining and continuously improving the agency’s enterprise-wide cybersecurity operating model moving forward.
This position will require on-site work in Washington, D.C. and Vienna, VA, with telework options available.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Carry out research and data collection to understand the organization
- Analyze the current program environment including business and technical dynamics
- Analyze the current architecture to identify weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
- Interview clients, including the management team and other stakeholders
- Run focus groups and facilitate workshops
- Prepare proposals and presentations
- Identify issues and form hypotheses and solutions
- Present findings and recommendations to clients
- Implement recommendations or solutions and ensure clients receive the necessary assistance to carry out
- Manage projects and programs
- Liaise with clients to keep them informed of progress and to make relevant decisions
- Perform evaluations of cyber security tools and applications to identify opportunities for improvement
- Keep abreast of emerging cyber technologies and evaluate vendor offerings to determine best fit for SOC needs
- Develop reports as necessary to brief various stakeholders (e.g., customers, OCIO executives)
- Ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical ability and data-driven mindset
- Strong hypothesis-driven approach and thinking
- Strong decision-making capabilities with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to identify the most appropriate one
- Ability to rapidly acquire new knowledge and skills in cyber security
- Ability to work in complex situations with varying degrees of ambiguity and change
- Ability to recommend IT investments based on detailed analysis
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, with demonstrated use of these tools to develop strategy documents, business cases, and alternatives analyses
- Ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily-understood, authoritative, and actionable manner
- Lead and manage those within the team, including analysts
- Working knowledge of SOC working models
- A working knowledge of the following areas of technical expertise: information policy formulation, information security management, business risk management, IT risk assessment and management, IT continuity management, IT governance formulation, and organizational change management, IT financial management and IT audit
- Direct experience working on SOC related projects or consulting engagements
- Deep understanding of network, data, identity, and cyber services, and how they integrate
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, mathematics, management information systems, or field of study related to IT or cyber security
- Experience with procurement and legal challenges and opportunities of cloud solutions.
- Knowledge of cyber products and services offered by hyper-scale cloud service providers (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Direct or indirect Federal Government experience
- Secret security clearance with ability to obtain a higher level clearance
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, or past or present military service.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, opportunities for professional growth, and a positive work environment. Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and possess or be able to successfully obtain a Federal security clearance.
Hill Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Please note that due to the expected volume of responses, only candidates being considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities as an applicant, please visit
Application can be made electronically via our website (https://www.hillasc.com/careers/) or by submitting a paper resume to Hill Associates Attention: HR 1 Research Ct Suite 450 Rockville MD 20850