Are you an accomplished Data Analyst or Data Manager?
Do you like analyzing data, seeing patterns, drawing insights, and presenting findings?
Are you interested in applying your data analytic skills to a cybersecurity challenge?
If so, then we would like to hear from you!
Hill Associates is searching for a Data Analyst to support a cabinet-level Department’s Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) organization. This position would operate under a temporary telework policy per current Federal Government and Departmental mandates. Under normal circumstances, the work is located at a metro accessible (two-block walk) client location in Washington, DC with telework options once established in your role. No travel outside the DC metro area is anticipated.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Apply your data analysis and management skills to assist cybersecurity managers solve an IT security challenge regarding the collection and analysis of important cybersecurity data.
Develop a data infrastructure that supports improvements to IT security and cybersecurity controls for major Departmental IT systems. The database and data you develop will support System Administrators and Security personnel in assessing the security status of Departmental computing systems.
Identify, collect, consolidate, and groom data from multiple sources to support the data model as well as final outputs and dashboards (Data sources will include a variety of enterprise IT systems and appliances, such as the data networks, voice systems, security systems, and cloud-based systems.)
Utilize modern software tools and data management methodologies.
- Develop data requirements, data descriptions, data formatting and all other aspects of data management required to ensure that security controls can be measured and managed.
- Establish efficient and repeatable processes that capture system data, organize it, synthesize it, and structure the information for reporting (visualization).
- Establish and maintain data sets, develop a data catalog, and a supporting SOP to support OCIO cybersecurity reporting processes. The data catalog might include data items such as: data item source, automated means of collection, data item format, and data item use case.
- Develop a dashboard for data presentation.
- Provide recurring reports (weekly, monthly) on program status.
- Ensure program performance meets Government contract requirements.
- Interact with leadership and staff across the Department and its Bureaus.
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
U.S. Citizen (mandatory)
Security Clearance. An ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance level is mandatory. Must have a favorably adjudicated T3 background investigation and maintain it for the life of the contract.
At a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of study, such as computer science, software engineering, data management, data science, statistics, or mathematics.
A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in data analytics, or database development and management.
- Technical Expertise
- Advanced proficiency (highly preferred) in Microsoft Excel and/or Microsoft Access.
- Experience with modern software tools.
- Data management to include standalone database development.
- Data collection, formatting, presentation, and preservation.
- Strong experience in the utilization of descriptions and metadata to allow for the ingest of data across a variety of applications and users.
- Management Skills
- Proactive, quick learner able to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Able to present data requirements, solutions, and outputs to system owners and executive leadership.
What We Can Offer You:
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.