Do you have information systems security experience? Are you familiar with the functions of a Security Operations Center (SOC)? Do you have experience with U.S. Federal Government (USG) information technology (IT) systems? Are you are looking to take that next step up in your career and become a key member of a team supporting a large Federal Government enterprise IT program? Then we want to hear from you!
Hill Associates is searching for an IT or cybersecurity expert, who preferably has experience in Federal Government IT systems, and knowledge of ISSO functions and responsibilities. We seek an energetic, talented security professional who demonstrably understands IT security controls and vulnerability assessments. Ideally, the candidate has prior experience with Federal Government IT systems and/or Security Operations Center.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship. The candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a secret suitability clearance.
Remote-based work is currently supported due to COVID- 19.
What You Will Get to Do:
- Provide Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) functions for the Enterprise SOC.
- Act as a primary ISSO interface to the SOC manager.
- Leverage your expertise in IT / cyber security to protect the IT infrastructure of an enterprise SOC for a large Federal Government Agency.
- Monitor networks, databases, and computer systems for SOC IT systems.
- Test, assess, and identify risks and vulnerabilities with SOC IT systems.
- Based on the results of these tests and assessments, implement proactive actions to reduce risk and correct vulnerabilities.
- Monitor and report on compliance with US Government and Agency security policies and procedures.
- Develop, evaluate, and as applicable execute Disaster Recovery (DR) and Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) plans
- Support the Certification and Accreditation (C&A) and Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) for SOC systems as required.
- Conduct updates to system process descriptions and flow charts.
- Develop recommendations and courses of action for Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM).
- Support ad-hoc reporting and programmatic communications related to the functions of an ISSO.
- BS in Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 15 years of professional work experience, with 10 years of related experience in IT security, with knowledge of standard IT security best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills for interaction with customers, project leaders, team members, and other government agencies.
- Solid communications skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to create, discuss and explain technical solutions and documentation.
- Experience with Federal Government IT systems or network environments.
- Experience with security best practices for SOC systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of NIST 800-53 “Security and Privacy Controls for Information Systems and Organizations.”
- Professional certification in IT security, cyber security, or a related certification (e.g. CISSP, CISM, Security+, IT Security Auditor, Cloud Security, etc.)
- Prior experience as an ISSO / ISSM.
What We Can Offer You:
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.