Hill Associates Corporation is seeking an IT Systems Architect to join our team supporting the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) in a large Washington, D.C. Cabinet-level Federal agency. The position will report to the consulting team’s Program Manager. The position will primarily focus on organizational architecture/engineering support to the Government for an enterprise contract operating the Security Operations Center (SOC). It will involve interfacing with system/service owners and contract support staff. In addition, the position will need to interface with other OCIO stakeholders.
The role will require strong systems engineering acumen, the ability to maintain holistic technical design overviews, and documentation for all aspects of the organization’s network, systems, and end-user equipment. Proficiency in the development and maintenance of both legacy on-premises deployed hardware and VMs, as well as understanding various major cloud-deployed IT models, will be needed, as this environment will maintain a hybrid operating posture for the foreseeable future.
The ideal candidate will have experience as an organizational IT architect dealing with all facets of IT service delivery, operations, and security/security compliance of the environment. The resource should have previous experience as an IT engineering SME designing, deploying, and managing enterprise infrastructure and security solutions within a mid to large organization. The ideal candidate will also have functional knowledge for the delivery of enterprise IT security services including common information modeling, logging data integrity, and user behavior analytics.
The position is currently a majority remote assignment with some limited on-site support needed (Vienna, VA).
What You Will Get to Do:
● Understand and communicate organizational business/mission priorities for technical modernization of and maturing operational support for the organizational infrastructure.
● Lead the design, administration, integration, and maintenance of SOC systems and infrastructure across both on-premises, and remote DCs, and deliver cloud services.
● Assist the Program Director (or designate) in identifying requirements, developing implementation plans, tracking deployment activities and milestones, identifying, and resolving technical issues, mitigating risks, and reporting on project progress.
● Provide communications and status reporting on launch and milestones for technology initiatives.
● Provide leadership to technical staff on all engineering support assignments and sustainment for all network segments and systems within DCs and physical locations.
● Leading technology projects to mature remote management and deployment for enclave infrastructure (VMWare ESXi/vCenter) CentOS servers, Zabbix, Puppet (Infrastructure and Systems Automation & Delivery), and Foreman (Lifecycle Management).
● Support migration of operational systems to AWS according to USG goals to migrate off of legacy, on-premises based systems and infrastructure.
● Support the technical staff in testing and integrating new commercial software technologies.
● Support maintenance and updates to keep all system design and security paperwork up to date.
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
● U.S. Citizen
● Current Secret Clearance or eligibility to obtain
● 10+ years, or equivalent education, experience in systems and network engineering, system administration, and IT operations with Linux (CentOS/RHEL)
● Ability to work independently
● Experience with Amazon deployments and hybrid on-prem/cloud connectivity and security service deployments
● Familiarity with Federal Government Program Management Offices or previous USG contracting support
● Understanding USG cost models used to deliver IT Services and IT Security
What We Can Offer You:
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at email@example.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.