Do you have a Management Consulting background with strong written and verbal communication skills?
Do you take pride in your presentation, polish and attention to detail?
Then we’ve got the role for you!
Come be a part of the team supporting a Cabinet-level Department – Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). Your role is critical in understanding the business requirements, underlying challenges the Department is trying to solve, and the strategic roadmap. We are an established consulting firm with a newly awarded $100M prime contract – so there is plenty of (stable!) growth opportunity for you.
We have a highly functional organization of independent-minded, entrepreneurial consultants who have built our reputation as a trusted Information Technology (IT) partner. We’re looking for people who have a growth mindset and who are ready to bring new ideas and thinking to our clients’ objectives. Still you? Read on…
As the Management Consultant you will be a key resource helping the future strategic approach. Your role is critical to design an intake process of external and internal data and reporting requirements assigned to the organization to meet customer, oversight, and compliance needs. You will leverage your project management and consulting skills to develop, review, and coordinate regular strategic updates and scheduling. You will also coordinate the flow of information both within the organization and to stakeholders
This position will require on-site work in Washington, D.C. with telework options available.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Providing communication and business operations support within the organization and to stakeholders, including preparing proposals and presentations
- Baseline the existing environment and operations, determine future state options, identify gaps, and make recommendations for improvement
- Help develop and convey the vision and strategy to achieve future state for Department maturation
- Develop intake processes and procedures to standardize organizational support functions and stakeholder management
- Establish organization-wide service catalog and Concept of Operations (CONOPS), along with support for an organizational dashboard that represents performance status across the service portfolio
- Tracking various IT performance and governance requirements and timelines issued by external stakeholders such as OMB, GAO, OIG, Congress, etc.,
- Communicate with clients to keep them informed of progress and to make relevant decisions including any schedule variances
- Develop reports as necessary to brief various stakeholders (e.g., customers, OCIO executives)
- Ability to develop and monitor project schedules and timelines to identify and meet project milestones
- Develop, review, coordinate, and provide updates for related project management documents including Fiscal Year budgets
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Five(5) years of IT Project Management and Management Consulting experience
- Ability to communicate project issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner
- Ability to multi-task and handle several concurrent projects
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical ability and data-driven mindset
- Strong hypothesis-driven approach and thinking
- Strong decision-making capabilities with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to identify the most appropriate one
- Ability to rapidly acquire new knowledge and skills in Information Technology
- Ability to work in complex work situations with varying degrees of ambiguity and change
- Experienced in Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, with demonstrated use of these tools to develop project reporting and management functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, management information systems, or field of study related to IT or project management
- Direct or indirect Federal Government experience a plus
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at email@example.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
What We Can Offer You:
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.