Do you have experience managing and analyzing federal budgets for Information Technology (IT) services?
Have you managed accounting for IT organizations?
Do you have knowledge and experience with federal financials?
In this full-time position as a Mid-Level Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for the financial management of the enterprise Mid-Level funding in support of services and programs operated within the Chief Information Officer (CIO) organization under the Associate CIO for Infrastructure Operations (IO), whose responsibilities and activities include management, planning, support, budgeting and forecasting for enterprise-wide infrastructure systems. Come be a part of the transformation and modernization of IT systems at a cabinet-level agency. We are an established consulting firm with a $100M prime contract – so there is plenty of growth opportunity for you. We are a highly functional team of independent-minded, entrepreneurial consultants who have built our reputation as a trusted IT partner. We are looking for people who have a growth mindset and who are ready to bring new ideas and thinking to our client’s objectives. Still you? Read on…
Hill Associates Corporation is seeking a Mid-Level Financial Analyst to join our team supporting the IO group within the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) in a Washington, D.C. cabinet-level federal agency. The Mid-Level Financial Analyst will provide financial analysis in support of business planning and development of financial solutions for the IO organization’s service portfolio and will be responsible for integrating cyber financials with the Technology Business Management (TBM) framework to provide full transparency for the cost of IO provided cyber services.
The position will interface with a variety of federal employee and contractor stakeholders. The candidate must have excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills, work independently and be capable of working with teams, be highly self-motivated and be a quick learner with superior MS Office skills (MS Excel expertise preferred). Interface requirements include, but are not limited to, customer liaisons, business operations staff, technical staff, vendors, subcontractors, Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs), and client leadership (CXOs). This role will require financial experience with broad responsibilities for a variety of financial support components including business and cost modeling using MS Excel; IT budget formulation and development; and execution and spend management.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship. The candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a public trust suitability clearance. Remote-based work is currently supported due to COVID- 19. Physical work location is flexible with remote work options, including full-time remote, available to qualified candidates.
What You Will Get to Do :
- Support the development, planning, communication, analysis, and assessment activities for the Infrastructure Business Operations team.
- Work in close coordination with contractor and federal personnel to support financial activities related to the development of spending plans, operating plans, budgets, and budget execution within Federal entities.
- Inform program and project management of the status and availability of funds.
- Support the development of plans, strategies, and standard operating procedures (SOPs) in creating, managing, and communicating all budget-related reports, plans, and topics.
- Review and define budget processes to address the availability and access to budgetary data, understandability of the data for those in non-budgetary roles, the traceability of data and the version control of data.
- Review budget proposals for completeness, accuracy, traceability, and compliance with federal regulations.
- Combine program budgets into a consolidated organizational budget and review all funding requests.
- Monitor and adjusting organizational spending to ensure it complies with the budget.
- Utilize spreadsheets along with budgeting, statistical analysis, and database software to understand options and provide accurate and up-to-date information.
- Professional experience of at least 3 – 5 years.
- Proficient experience with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, with demonstrated use of these tools to model business practices and financial constructs.
- Basic knowledge of business analysis, methods, and supporting toolsets.
- Experience in basic financial modeling and analysis of large-scale IT infrastructures, applications, or cyber services in either the commercial or public sector.
- Ability to work in complex situations with varying degrees of ambiguity and change as the market continues to evolve and mature.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Critical and creative thinker with superior attention to detail, with strong analytic and quantitative skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, mathematics, information technology, or related field.
- Budgetary experience in an enterprise IT organization, commercial or public sector.
- Direct experience with Federal Government financials.
- Familiarity with federal funding constructs to include: appropriations, Working Capital Funds (WCF), and Franchise Funds.
- Knowledge of the federal government Cybersecurity Enhancement Account (CEA)
- Technical Business Management (TBM) experience.
- Familiarity with federal government procurement processes and practices.
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM), Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO), or other certification related to federal financials.
What We Can Offer You
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law. If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at email@example.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation. Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.