Hill Associates Corporation is seeking a Network Services and Solutions Engineer with IPv6 Implementation experience to join our team supporting a large Washington, D.C. Federal Agency. This position will be primarily supporting the Department’s top-level Security Operations Center (SOC). It will involve interfacing with service owners, senior staff, and program customers as you assist with the SOC’s evolution from a siloed organization to a Department-Wide shared services security operations leader.
Come join a dedicated, highly skilled multi-disciplinary team of IT, network, and cybersecurity professionals. As the Network Services and Security Solutions Engineer, you will help guide the deployment, migration, and operations of enclave networks supporting highly critical, mission-defending security teams. This role will also have an active project management component within areas of support responsibility.
Remote-based is currently supported due to COVID- 19 (in the Washington, D.C. area) but the position is likely to transition to on-site work at a customer location in Washington, D.C.
Telework options will be available upon a transition back to the government’s normal operating posture with on-site work.
What You Will Get to Do:
- Provide technical consulting and engineering support to multiple government program areas and project managers.
- Provide problem identification, escalation, and resolution of WAN/LAN performance, hardware, network carriers, and security issues in cooperation with the network services provider and Government agency customers.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with customers.
- Support business-related processes of network service(s) delivery and performance management to customers.
- Support the implementation of a Zero Trust Architecture
- Analyze network systems and develop technical documentation
- Develop network system design and optimization recommendations
- Develop and execute implementation plans and performance validation testing
- Support customer presentations, project plans, designs, and architectures
- Provide product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information to ensure 360-degree visibility for ongoing initiatives.
- Identify routing and network access control requirements & resolution of related issues.
- Analyze network traffic and provide recommendations for issue resolution, optimization, and configuration enhancements (e.g., QoS, TCP optimization).
- Advise customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to stated requirements or standards and advise customer on needed actions.
- Contribute to operational engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; provides information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommends options and courses of action; implements directives.
- Define and deploys technical mechanisms for capture and transport of security operations and/or performance data as part of Department’s telemetry and monitoring objectives.
- Determine improvements by analyzing technical opportunities of service offerings in, or available for, customer environment; engineers or proposes changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Prepare weekly activity reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing customer activity and status.
- Facilitate service requests with business offices by consulting with technical and professional support staff.
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- U.S. Citizen (mandatory).
- Must either currently possess or be able to successfully obtain and hold at least Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in a relevant field.
- 7 – 10 years of demonstrated experience in an IP-based enterprise network environment as a network engineer/network services specialist.
- with IPv6 Implementation experience
- Solid understanding of WAN/LANs, network operating systems, enterprise architectures, routing, and transport protocols.
- Proven WAN/LAN systems engineering, configuration, analysis, implementation, and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and proficiency with Cisco technology – routers, switches, firewalls, and VPN are a must.
- Experience in hybrid on-premises and cloud-deployed systems experience is highly sought for this role.
- Experience designing and deploying SD-WAN solutions is a plus.
- Direct or indirect Federal Government experience.
- Industry certifications (e.g., CCNA/CCDA/CCNP/CCIE or other network or telecommunications vendors/technologies) is desirable.
- Previous experience working with security operations or SOCs is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to make data-driven decisions and to independently execute and advance tasks.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders to support process improvement.
- Ability to communicate issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner.
- Ability to multi-task and handle several concurrent projects.
What We Can Offer You:
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.