Hill Associates is a DC metro-based IT services contractor that began operations in 2002. Currently, its services are offered almost exclusively to federal government agencies.
The Senior Billing Specialist position is a full-time, remote position. Requiring minimal supervision, this position is responsible for the full-cycle monthly billing process. The ideal candidate has significant experience in processing billing, according to various arrangements with a high degree of proficiency.
What You Will Get to Do:
- The Billing Specialist will prepare accurate and timely semi-monthly and monthly invoices in accordance with contract terms in our accounting system.
- Excellent customer service skills, positive attitude, attention to detail, accountability to complete work assigned independently with urgency, and the ability to balance multiple tasks will be key to success in this role.
- Prepare semi-monthly and monthly invoices of multiple contract types (CPFF, T&M, FFP, etc.) using our accounting system and Excel in accordance with specific contract terms and as determined by the monthly billing schedule.
- Reconcile billing data to financial reports (PSR, Revenue Worksheet, Labor Summary, Timesheet Reports) and provide detailed unbilled dispositioning and analysis
- Provide CLIN analysis for invoice submittals in WAWF
- Prepare labor and travel backup support documentation for each invoice as required.
- Work closely with Program Managers to ensure accurate and timely submittal of invoices.
- Solve problems and correspond with customers on invoice questions and payment status.
- Perform special projects in support of the Finance Department department as assigned.
- Ensure high-priority invoices are prepared and submitted early or on time.
- Other duties as assigned
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- Associates Degree; in lieu of a degree, 3-5 years of recent government contract billing experience
- Experience invoicing US Government contracts following terms and conditions as outlined under FAR, CAS, GAAP, and CFR
- Experience adhering to the deadlines of a crisp month-end close schedule
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, with little supervision.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create clarity and provide timely responses to both internal and external customers
What We Can Offer You:
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at email@example.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.