Hill Associates Corporation is seeking a Network Engineer with demonstrated IPv6 planning and implementation experience to support a large Washington, DC area Federal agency.
As a full-time employee, you will be a consultant at a small award-winning consulting firm with demonstrated success in delivering and supporting mission-critical networking solutions. This opportunity involves enterprise-wide work in support of the Department OCIO, interaction with well-known Government agencies, and the Department’s managed network service provider.
Primary areas of responsibility include project leadership and engineering to support the deployment of IPv6 to a 2000+ node established network in accordance with OMB mandates. Duties will include network requirements development and capabilities analysis; task management and schedule coordination with a managed services vendor and government agency customers; implementation oversight; and technical and security issue resolution.
You will be performing the following tasks:
- Collaborating with technical service owners and business stakeholders
- Applying analytical techniques to gather information from users; identifying, documenting, and resolving technical and process issues; and designing IPv6 technology solutions
- Analyzing and documenting technical and security requirements to support IPv6 service migration
- Developing service migration requirements, methodologies, and plans for:
- WAN connectivity, routing, and firewall policy development
- IPv6 network schema design and engineering
- Executing service migrations and validation testing
- Developing and delivering final service validation test reports and all related system design documentation
- 15 years of general professional experience
- 10 years of IT industry experience
- 5 years of supervisory experience within the past 7 years
- Previous experience designing or implementing IPv6 networks
- Knowledge of and practical experience with IPAM tools and methodologies
- Extensive practical experience in an IP-based enterprise network environment as a network engineer, architect, analyst, project manager, and/or technical specialist.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and proficiency with Cisco technology – routers, switches, firewalls, and DMVPN
- Solid understanding of WAN/LANs, network operating systems, enterprise architectures, routing, and transport protocols, and unified communications
- Proven WAN/LAN systems engineering, configuration, analysis, implementation, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor of Science or master’s degree from an accredited university or college in a relevant field
- Extensive project management experience, proven self-starter, and ability to work effectively as part of a high-performance team.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and possess or be able to successfully obtain a Top Secret Federal security clearance.
- Prior work in a Government IT environment and advanced certifications (e.g., CCNA, CISSP, and PMP) is desirable.
What We Can Offer You
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at email@example.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.