Hill Associates is searching for a highly skilled Senior Network Engineer to join our dynamic team in Washington, DC. You would help engineer IT service solutions and guide the deployment, migration, and performance management of enterprise network systems. The position supports a very large wide area network, trusted internet connection (TIC), and cloud services gateways for a large cabinet-level agency. You will join a team of subject matter experts that form the core of the agency’s networking technology solutions engineering and support services.
If you have a technical background, a detailed nature, are passionate about staying current with the latest technologies, capabilities, and tools, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative team-based environment, then we want to hear from you! This position is looking for multi-talented people or those with the aptitude and desire to develop new skills across multiple platforms and technologies. This is a challenging opportunity with an opportunity for professional growth for both your technical skills and career.
The chosen candidate will work with a team of subject matter experts to:
- Develop network services solution designs and optimization recommendations
- Develop and execute implementation plans and performance validation testing
- Oversee network operations supporting enterprise services and applications
- Develop and oversee implementation of network change requests for firewalls, routing, switching, proxy services, VPN, DNS, mail, and public cloud service deployments.
- Provide problem identification, escalation, and resolution of WAN/LAN performance, hardware, network carriers, and security issues in cooperation with the network services provider and Government agency customers.
- Identify routing and network access control requirements & resolution of related issues.
- Analyze network traffic and provide recommendations for issue resolution, optimization, and configuration enhancements (e.g., QoS, TCP optimization).
- Assist customers in developing and troubleshooting application and network services over a wide variety of technologies and vendor platforms.
- Provide technical consulting and engineering support to the government program and project managers
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- 5 – 10 years of demonstrated experience in an IP-based enterprise network environment as a network systems engineer. Strong IPv6 skills and experience are a plus!
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and proficiency with major network and security technologies such as Cisco routers/switches/IDS/Firewalls, Symantec proxy, Fortigate, InfoBlox, RiverBed SteelCentral, and/or ProofPoint.
- Cloud network solutions in Azure and/or AWS and/or IPv6 experience and expertise are a plus.
- Solid understanding of WAN/LANs, SD-WAN, enterprise network architectures, routing, and transport protocols.
- Proven WAN/LAN systems engineering, configuration, analysis, implementation, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university or college in a relevant field.
- Must be able to successfully obtain and hold Secret clearance (active DoD-issued Secret or TS preferred)
- Prior work in a Government IT environment and industry certifications (e.g., CCNA/CCNP, CISSP, or other network or telecommunications vendors/technologies) is desirable
What We Can Offer You:
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.