Come join a leading IT company supporting enterprise IT infrastructure and services for large federal agencies. You will help engineer IT service solutions and guide the deployment, migration, and performance management of enterprise networks.
Primary areas of responsibility:
Network Operations Monitoring, Management, and Troubleshooting
- Provide problem identification, escalation and resolution of WAN/LAN performance, hardware, network carriers, and security issues in cooperation with the network services provider and Government agency customers.
- Identify routing and network access control requirements & resolution of related issues.
- Analyze network traffic and provide recommendations for issue resolution, optimization and configuration enhancements (e.g., QoS, TCP optimization).
- Assist customers developing and troubleshooting network firewall access control policies.
- Develop network monitoring and management procedures using tools that complement / supplement those in use by the network service provider and Government agency customers.
- Provide technical consulting and engineering support to government program and project managers
- 5 – 10 years of demonstrated experience in an IP-based enterprise network environment as a network systems engineer.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and proficiency with Cisco technology – routers, switches, firewalls, and IPSEC. Cloud network solutions and/or IPv6 experience in a Cisco environment is a plus.
- Solid understanding of WAN/LANs, network operating systems, enterprise architectures, routing and transport protocols.
- Proven WAN/LAN systems engineering, configuration, analysis, implementation, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited university or college in a relevant field.
- Must be able to successfully obtain and hold Secret clearance
- Prior work in a Government IT environment and industry certifications (e.g., CCNA/CCNP, CISSP, or other network or telecommunications vendors/technologies) is desirable
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, or past or present military service.
Application can be made electronically or by submitting a paper resume to Hill Associates Attention: HR 1 Research Ct Suite 450 Rockville MD 20850.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities as an applicant, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify