Hill Associates is seeking a Telecom Services Business / Data Analyst to support for a large federal government agency. This role provides operational and service delivery support that encompasses business and financial analysis, ordering activities, inventory management, and Excel-based report customization.
Task work includes providing basic financial support for enterprise telecommunications service offerings; vendor financial management that includes auditing invoices; ordering activities to include cost estimates, configuration recommendations, reconciliation, tracking, and coordination; maintaining inventory of service requirements for budgeting and invoice validation; evaluation of vendor price proposals; internal cost recovery of services; responding to customer pricing requests, documenting processes and procedures and analyzing them for improvement; developing advanced Excel-based spreadsheets and manipulating them to effectively manage data sets; customizing and generating reports in response to ad-hoc queries, and serving as the key telecommunication services data analytics expert on the team.
As a full-time employee, you will be part of a successful company delivering and supporting mission-critical solutions for government customers. The role requires interfacing with customer liaisons, business operations staff, technical team members, vendors, and company leadership. This position seeks a candidate who is proactive, has a passion for surpassing customer expectations, and demonstrated success working independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with business / financial analysis
- General knowledge of IP data and voice communications
- Demonstrated analytical, research, and quantitative skills
- Knowledge of business analysis methods and tools
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Solid planning and organizational abilities
- Critical and creative thinker with strong attention to detail
- Able to produce professional work products using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- U.S. citizenship; Possess or be able to obtain a favorable adjudication from a government background investigation at the Secret clearance level
- On-site work at customer offices in Washington, D.C. when required (currently in a maximum telework arrangement due to COVID-19)
- Prior work in a federal government environment
- Experience working for or with a telecommunication service provider on network-based services
- Working knowledge of databases, including the ability to use SQL and create tables via queries
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access and Visual Basic
What We Can Offer You:
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package, including competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package. We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law. All information you provide will be kept confidential. Please contact Hill Associates at 202-656-6505 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.