Hill Associates Corporation is seeking an experienced Voice Project Manager to join our team supporting the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) in a large Washington, D.C. Cabinet-level Federal agency. The position will report to the consulting team’s Project Manager and federal client lead. The position will initially focus on the Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) group within OCIO supporting management and oversight of an enterprise contract for vendor-managed Wide Area Network (WAN), voice, and telecommunications services. It will involve interfacing with service owners and other key stakeholders that are both federal employees and contractors, working with both technical and financial stakeholders, and program customers.
The Voice Project Manager will require technical proficiency in enterprise voice systems, Voice over IP (VoIP) technologies and network implementation scenarios, and general knowledge of other IT enterprise services under the program’s management purview to include WAN, Local Area Network (LAN), and related network-based communications technologies. Proven experience in project management is necessary, as the position involves supporting a large key customer of the enterprise voice services program to advance the objectives of the enterprise and customer. The Voice Project Manager will drive the assessment of large and complex voice systems and subsequent migration to an enterprise-wide managed services contract with structured business processes. The position will interface with stakeholders at various organizational levels, report directly to the federal program director, and may include some supervisory responsibilities.
Remote-based is currently supported due to COVID- 19 (in the Washington, D.C. area) but the position is likely to transition to on-site work at a customer location in Washington, D.C.
What You Will Get to Do:
The Voice Project Manager will act as a primary interface for the program’s largest customer and will be responsible for assessing existing voice solutions, making recommendations for technical enhancements, developing voice infrastructure needs and requirements, supporting the development of comparative cost analyses, and driving the efficient migration of independent customer systems to the enterprise-wide Avaya-based offering. This includes but is not limited to supporting the full lifecycle of program and customer projects, facilitating the supporting business requirements, assessing programmatic processes for efficiency and making recommendations for changes, tracking and reporting on customer and program projects, providing technical oversight, promoting knowledge sharing among stakeholders, and engaging with stakeholders at various organizational levels.
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- U.S. Citizen (mandatory).
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, or relevant field of study
- At least 10 years of experience supporting large, voice centric projects or programs in a technical or project management capacity, or an advanced degree
- Demonstrated understanding of VoIP infrastructure including but not limited to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking, call routing, PSTN egress / ingress, disaster recovery and Continuity of Operations (COOP) concepts, etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading others.
- Ability to evaluate various architecture implementations and make recommendations within defined contractual constraints (e.g., consolidated LAN, cloud / hosted vs. on premise, etc.)
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders to support process improvement
- Ability to communicate issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner
- Ability to multi-task and handle several concurrent projects
- Experience supporting or leading cost analysis exercises for voice systems
- Experience managing complex voice-centric projects in a vendor-managed services environment
- Experience working with Avaya Call Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Experience supporting VoIP Ancillary Services such as E-911, contact center / Automated Call Distributor (ACD), email integration, etc.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Voice or related certification
What We Can Offer You:
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at 202-656-6505 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.